Professor/Reader in Energy Systems and Smart Grids
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Energy Systems and Smart Grids.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Energy Systems and Smart Grids.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of global transformation of technologies, operations and markets to realise a safe, secure, energy system which is integrated across electricity, heat and transport. Major challenges require to be addressed for future resilient and efficient operation such as:
- utilising smart distribution and transmission technologies
- whole energy systems solutions
- network planning and regulatory frameworks
- decentralised operations with demand and distributed storage
- enabling communications and sensing technologies
- through-life asset design and management
- underpinning data analytics.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Energy Systems and Smart Grids’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017
More jobs like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Physical Sciences Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent General Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow