Professor/Reader in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies
2 days left
- Full Time
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of engagement in the development of novel technologies and practices that impacts the diagnosis and treatment of patients across the broadest spectrum of human health challenges. The thematic focus is on engineering solutions to global healthcare challenges, with a strong emphasis on activity that can translate into genuine clinical impact. The research draws on the engineering expertise of the Faculty of Engineering with active collaboration with other faculties and external stakeholders
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies.’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017
More jobs like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent General Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow