Professor/Reader in Advanced, Remanufacturing and Distributed Manufacturing
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Advanced, Remanufacturing and Distributed Manufacturing.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Advanced, Remanufacturing and Distributed Manufacturing.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of the creation of products, production processes, and associated services through the development and application of leading edge technical and organisational knowledge and expertise. This area of expertise involves new and improved ways to manufacture existing products, and the design and manufacture of new products through the development and adoption of advanced technologies, materials, management systems and processes. It is applicable to a broad range of industrial sectors from aerospace and automotive, to medical devices and food and drink
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Advanced, Remanufacturing and Distributed Manufacturing’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent General Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Chemical Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow