Professor/Reader in Developing Scotland’s Education System of the Future
4 days left
- Full Time
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Developing Scotland’s Education System of the Future.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Developing Scotland’s Education System of the Future.
The School of Education is currently Scotland’s leading provider of teacher education and has an uncontested track record of research and KE, together with community engagement and volunteering in areas associated with curricula areas. Building upon this profile, this multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses the key areas of social and curricula challenges that Scotland’s education system faces. This focus in our research builds capacity and evidences the success of Strathclyde’s approach to school education.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Developing Scotland’s Education System of the Future’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.