Professor/Reader in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses how societies across the globe have understood, described and tried to achieve health and well-being during different periods of history. It addresses how culture, politics, economics, migration and technological change have all influenced both disease patterns and society’s attempts to promote health. By analysing historical experience of and knowledge about health and wellbeing, it seeks to inform today’s debates about how best to fight disease and promote healthy lifestyles.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Health and Wellbeing Across Time and Place.’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.
More searches like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow