Professor/Reader in Security and Data Sciences
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Security and Data Sciences.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Security and Data Sciences.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of:
- Machine Learning: Investigating the science of getting computers to learn how to behave in specific ways, something which underpins many intelligent devices.
- Data Science: inventing a scientific approach to extract knowledge and meaning from data. The focus of data science is analytics; uncovering patterns to describe data or predicting existing data sets.
- Computer Science (Cyber Security): Working to successfully protect our computer systems and stored data, enabling businesses to operate successfully.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Security and Data Sciences’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.