Professor/Reader in Analytical, Biomaterials and Physical Chemistry
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Analytical, Biomaterials and Physical Chemistry.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Analytical, Biomaterials and Physical Chemistry.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of:
- Analytical Chemistry – Focusing on a broad range of areas with current strengths such as vibrational spectroscopy, process analytical chemistry and chemometrics, we are looking to expand this range of activity and are particularly interested in analytical chemistry research within mass spectrometry, electrochemistry or fluorescent sensing
- Biomaterials Chemistry – This chemistry is a growing strength within Strathclyde. We use current expertise to focus on using biology to inspire new materials design with controlled functionalities and using biomolecules as building blocks for new materials.
- Physical Chemistry - Research in physical chemistry can be found in several of our research sections. This is an area we are looking to expand and perform our research to further our understanding and application of this science.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Analytical, Biomaterials and Physical Chemistry.’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 3 September 2017