Professor/Reader in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: Designing and Delivering Next Generation.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: Designing and Delivering Next Generation.
This multi-disciplinary research initiative will exploit technological advances and provide a new era of medicine design, manufacture and patient care. Key areas are:
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Digital Health. Using real world, real time dynamic data to inform strategies for sustainable improvement in safe and effective medicines.
- Biopharmaceutics and formulation. Supporting the development and addressing the barriers of biologically based therapies. These include effective design and formulation to create viable medicines though better design, formulation and delivery.
- Medicines Manufacture: Delivering manufacturing processes suitable for modern stratified, personalised medicine which is no longer reliant on batch production.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: Designing and Delivering Next Generation.’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.