Professor/Reader in Quantum and Laser Technology
4 days left
- Full Time
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Quantum and Laser Technology.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Quantum and Laser Technology.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of:
- Laser-plasma based radiation sources: Building on the unique properties of laser driven radiation sources to enhance development and optimisation of these sources to be used as tools for science and applications for a variety of different sectors
- Quantum Condensed matter physics: Study on the interface between quantum physics and our solid state activities where ongoing significant investments are taking place.
Quantum Technology: Focus is on translating scientific advances and corresponding technological developments towards industrial applications such as manufacturing and support for manufacturing
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Quantum and Laser Technology’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.
More jobs like this
- Permanent Computer Science Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow City
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow City
- Permanent Physical Sciences Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow City
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow City