Professor/Reader in Mathematical Modelling and Statistical Analysis of Societal and Policy issues
1 day left
- Full Time
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Mathematical Modelling and Statistical Analysis of Societal and Policy issues.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Mathematical Modelling and Statistical Analysis of Societal and Policy issues.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of:
- Risk Prediction in Global Health Epidemiology, Digital Health and Pharmaco-Epidemiology: Developing and using appropriate statistical methods is a major challenge when analysing large sets of linked health data. Our focus is on developing new technologies by harnessing this data to prevent disease and manage treatments.
- Modelling of Marine Ecosystems: Stewardship of marine ecosystems whilst enabling sustainable exploitation of the goods and services they provide is a major scientific and policy challenge. Our focus is on development of mathematical models and statistical analyses to reveal how ecosystems respond to climate and human activity and assist policy makers.
- Stochastic Modelling: Involves modelling, analysis and implementation of numerical methods that help us to understand and predict uncertainty in real world scenarios such as those found in the finance industry.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Mathematical Modelling and Statistical Analysis of Societal and Policy issues’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.