Professor / Associate Professor of Medical Education Research and Assistant Dean, Assessment
A joint medical school by Imperial College London and
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Professor / Associate Professor of Medical Education Research and
Assistant Dean, Assessment
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally and 1st among the world’s best young universities.
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is a partnership between two of the world’s premier institutions of higher education, Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. The medical school, established at NTU in Singapore, offers a five-year MBBS degree jointly awarded by both institutions. The School welcomed its first cohort of medical students in August 2013 and there are ambitious plans for growth.
The School now invites applicants with an international reputation in medical education research to apply for an appointment at Full Professor / Associate Professor level with a concurrent appointment as Assistant Dean, Assessment, which will be based full-time in Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of research in an innovative new medical school in a globally vibrant environment. Reporting to the Vice Dean, Education, the appointee is expected to provide academic oversight of assessment across the 5 year MBBS programme, and to lead a programme of assessment research.
The appointee will:
- Oversee the ongoing review, development and implementation of the LKCMedicine assessment strategy within the Office of Medical Education
- Lead a programme of assessment research in collaboration with other educational researchers in the Medical Education Research & Scholarship Unit (MERSU).
- Contribute to faculty development initiatives, including training in assessment, and the development of postgraduate education courses (certificate, diploma and/or masters in education).
- Work in partnership with Imperial College London to share experience of good educational practice and develop collaborative student, faculty and educational research initiatives
- Participate in academic committees and other administrative requirements of the School and the University as appropriate.
- PhD and/or MD degree(s)
- Relevant postdoctoral experience
- Proven track record of strong leadership and ability to drive change
- Good communication skills and an appreciation for constructive teamwork
- Strong track record in educational research and in assessment design and procedures.
Interested applicants are invited to apply to Professor Michael A. Ferenczi, Vice-Dean, Faculty Affairs, for the above position (email: email@example.com) with a detailed resume. Further information can also be obtained from the Vice-Dean, Faculty Affairs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: 27 November 2017