- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Melbourne has an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research. This commitment to excellence has seen the University bring together the brightest minds to redefine best practice in online education to deliver unparalleled quality education, 100% online, to students worldwide.
The MGSE is seeking a talented Communication Officer who will play an important role in engaging key audiences through developing and delivering high quality and integrated communications across multiple platforms.
As the successful candidate, you will have completed a relevant degree in Communications or Media with subsequent experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in either the tertiary education, government or not-for-profit sectors.
Additionally, you will:
- Possess high level writing and editing skills and provide evidence of content development for multiple channels, including print, website and social media, as well as proven experience in maintaining, reviewing and editing a website and social media channels.
- Have strong organisational and project management skills, together with your excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team are crucial to this role.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the production process for print and digital publications and experience in media liaison, including the ability to source and produce news stories to support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team are crucial to this role.
- Demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 20 Sep 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria