Education Support Officer
Sydney School of Veterinary Sciences
- Provide broad range of education administrative and operational support to academic and teaching staff
- Manage the compilation of the academic content and materials
- Full-time continuing, $84K p.a. including leave loading and super, Camperdown/Darlington Campus with some time at Camden Campus.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Officer in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science, you will provide a broad range of education administrative and operational support to the Academic and Teaching staff. You will ensure that the education support needs for the School are met and the support services are aligned with the academic requirements and the overall timetable for the work area. You will also manage the compilation of academic contents and materials (including videos and recordings) for printed publication and uploading to blackboard and other online systems. In this role you will also support areas such as fieldwork, honours, summer and winter school, timetabling, to name a few.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
To be considered, you will possess:
- tertiary qualifications with some relevant work experience; and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes.
- superior computer skills, including database maintenance, experience with Microsoft Officer (in particular Excel) together with experience operating with large, corporate-level database and information systems.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1809/0917 to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 17 September 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.