Coordinator, Major Research Grant Initiatives
DVC Research, Research Grants and Contracts
- Be valued for your experience and insight in coordinating large complex research funding schemes
- Located at Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing. Remuneration package $138k which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Submissions, this position is responsible for developing internal policies and processes for managing major initiatives that are aligned to the funding policies and meet the requirements of the external funding bodies. The position will work across complex organisational structures to manage the end to end coordination of large scale and complex research funding schemes. The position will interact closely with the other members of the Submissions team to share specialist knowledge and will lead a team of casuals during the major ARC and NHMRC grant submission round.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Coordinator, Major Research Grant Initiatives who possesses demonstrated expertise in:
- Managing the end to end coordination of large and complex research funding schemes
- Establishing and embedding administration governance and controls, plans, tracking systems and reporting guidelines
- Providing strategic advice and support to key stakeholders
- Managing competing demands in a well-structured manner
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The DVC Research Portfolio currently includes six groups that support the DVCR and researchers to achieve the University’s research goals:
- Research Strategy and Policy Framework coordinates policy advice and projects, and provides secretariat support to DVCR committees;
- Research Reporting, Analysis, Data and Systems develops and manages data capture and analysis, and coordinates development of IT systems to support business requirements;
- Research Development and Collaboration provides strategic and technical support to researchers applying for funding so as to optimise successful outcomes; and supports the development of collaborative research infrastructure and mechanisms to facilitate collaborative research initiatives.
- Research Grants and Contracts develops and manages systems for efficient and effective management of research funding applications, drafting, negotiating and entering in to research and related agreements and post-award requirements imposed by funding bodies and contractual obligations so as to optimise successful outcomes.
- Research Integrity and Ethics Administration develops and manages processes for ethics approvals (human and animal) and Laboratory Animal Services. Oversees clinical trials governance and the management of research related complaints.
- Commercial Development and Industry Partnerships develops and manages processes for disseminating and transferring knowledge from University research, including protecting Intellectual Property and commercialisation.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 5.00 pm 20 September 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.