Professor in Digital Transformation
- Convenient CBD location
- Full time, continuing
- $176,353 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College of Business is growing and strengthening its teaching capability to create a transformative experience for its students. Experiences that spark ambition and new perspectives, while opening up pathways and building connections.
The College of Business is now recruiting academics at a number of levels who are passionate about creating these fabulous student experiences.
Academics who want to be part of the imaginative and rigorous teaching and learning that is central to RMIT's dedication to supporting students who graduate ready for life and work, are encouraged to apply.
The School of Business IT and Logistics is the largest provider of Business IT and Supply Chain Management programs in Australia. It offers undergraduate business degrees in Information Systems and Logistics/Supply Chain Management, and postgraduate degrees in Business IT, Information Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Strategic Procurement. Programs are offered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Shanghai, Singapore and online.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The Professor is a senior academic and eminent researcher in Digital Transformation including block chain, sharing economy and digital workforce, contributing significantly to teaching and research outputs, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance.
The Professor will provide high level of leadership developing and leading research project teams and programs and fostering a vibrant research culture. He or she will be required to develop a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners.
The Professor will also teach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning leadership and development of curriculum the aim of improving learning outcomes for students.
The Professor will make a significant contribution to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University at national and international levels, as appropriate.
Skills and experience required
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and effective membership of a management team;
- Demonstrate capacity to develop, teach, manage and lead high quality undergraduate and post graduate award program/s in Information systems related in global locations and multi-cultural environments;
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality online teaching materials and produce high quality student experiences, satisfaction and outcomes;
- Demonstrate distinction as an academic leader at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record;
- Proven ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop strong links with professional groups or external stakeholders including business and investment communities in ICT;
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates;
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices;
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- PhD in a relevant field
For further information please contact Professor Caroline Chan on +61 3 9925 5808 or visit our website at www.rmit.edu.au/teachchange
Applications close on Wednesday 4th October, 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT strongly encourages expressions of interests from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons. To have a confidential discussion about your future career with RMIT for this opportunity, please contact Prof Mark McMillan, Deputy PVC Indigenous Education and Engagement on 03 9925 1461 or 0427 426 512.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.