Senior Lecturer in Law
- Convenient CBD location
- Full-time, continuing position
- $113,698 - $131,104 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College of Business is growing and strengthening its teaching capability to create a transformative experience for its students. Experiences that spark ambition and new perspectives, while opening up pathways and building connections.
The College of Business is now recruiting academics at a number of levels who are passionate about creating these fabulous student experiences.
Academics who want to be part of the imaginative and rigorous teaching and learning that is central to RMIT's dedication to supporting students who graduate ready for life and work, are encouraged to apply.
The Graduate School of Business & Law (GSBL) commenced operations in January 2010. In July 2010 the GSBL moved to the new Emily McPherson premises, opening an exciting new phase in RMIT's development of professional programs for the experienced, post-graduate business market. RMIT has one of the longest standing MBA programs in Australia, commencing the program in the mid-1970s. The GSBL now offers MBAs for Executive, Graduate and OUA students and corporate students.
The role & responsibilities
The Senior Lecturer will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School in disciplines related to their field of expertise. The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities. The Senior Lecturer will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University's research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs. The Senior Lecturer will have an important research leadership role in embedding their research expertise into the life of the School and will be required to develop high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners. The Senior Lecturer may have responsibility for program management.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large courses and prepare and delivery programs including online delivery at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including high quality curriculum and program materials and ability to implement innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement in one or more of the required fields of expertise of: Property Law, Company law, Contract law, Insolvency & Competition and Consumer Law.
- Ability to manage a large program or a number of small programs.
- Demonstrated ability to support student issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets in one or more of the following areas: Governance, Accountability and the Law.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort and manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage academic program and program team, supporting scholarly development of less experienced academic staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a university.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
- PhD or equivalent in relevant field
For Further information please contact the Program Manager, Kathy Douglas on +61 3 9925 2037 or visit our website at www.rmit.edu.au/teachchange
Applications close on Wednesday October 4th, 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT strongly encourages expressions of interests from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons. To have a confidential discussion about your future career with RMIT for this opportunity, please contact Prof Mark McMillan, Deputy PVC Indigenous Education and Engagement on 03 9925 1461 or 0427 426 512.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.