Lecturer in Information Management
- Convenient CBD location
- Full time, continuing position
- $92,815 - $110,220 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College of Business is growing and strengthening its teaching capability to create a transformative experience for its students. Experiences that spark ambition and new perspectives, while opening up pathways and building connections.
The College of Business is now recruiting academics at a number of levels who are passionate about creating these fabulous student experiences.
Academics who want to be part of the imaginative and rigorous teaching and learning that is central to RMIT's dedication to supporting students who graduate ready for life and work, are encouraged to apply.
The School of Business IT and Logistics is the largest provider of Business IT and Supply Chain Management programs in Australia. It offers undergraduate business degrees in Information Systems and Logistics/Supply Chain Management, and postgraduate degrees in Business IT, Information Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Strategic Procurement. Programs are offered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Shanghai, Singapore and online.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
The Lecturer - Information Management is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to information systems and information management including information organisation, information provision and information discovery. More specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within Undergraduate and postgraduate programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination and program management.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs and courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials for both online and face-to-face delivery in the required fields of expertise.
- Ability to undertake program and course coordination role
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with various stakeholders including students, work colleagues, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
- PhD or equivalent research doctorate in a relevant field
For further information please contact the Head of School Business: Professor Caroline Chan on +61 3 9925 5808 or visit our website at www.rmit.edu.au/teachchange
Applications close on Wednesday 4th October, 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT strongly encourages expressions of interests from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons. To have a confidential discussion about your future career with RMIT for this opportunity, please contact Prof Mark McMillan, Deputy PVC Indigenous Education and Engagement on 03 9925 1461 or 0427 426 512.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.