Vocational Education Teacher in Business
- Convenient CBD location
- Full time, continuing position
- Up to $88,181 p.a + 9.5% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College of Business is growing and strengthening its teaching capability to create a transformative experience for its students. Experiences that spark ambition and new perspectives, while opening up pathways and building connections.
The College of Business is now recruiting academics at a number of levels who are passionate about creating these fabulous student experiences.
Academics who want to be part of the imaginative and rigorous teaching and learning that is central to RMIT's dedication to supporting students who graduate ready for life and work, are encouraged to apply.
The School of Vocational Business Education (VBE) offers a broad range of industry-relevant, globally-oriented, and applied business programs, at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree levels, in Melbourne, regional Victoria and around Australia as well as Indonesia and China, to approximately 4000 students.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
As VE Teacher, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of course material, assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in selected courses in the School of Business. This position requires capability and experience with business and management programs. Participation in the School of Business's continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students' assessment will also form part of this role. You will interact with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff. Your performance will be underpinned by participation in relevant activities which ensure your vocational competence meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills relevant to teaching and consultancy environments. This includes effective presentation and facilitation skills, and in the use of flexible teaching methods.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment.
- Demonstrated ability in ensuring current and contemporary vocational competence which meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant industry, and substantial discipline knowledge as it relates to this position.
- Demonstrated capacity to diagnose learning problems in students, propose and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies
- The appointee must hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package as a minimum qualification.
For further information please contact the Program Manager: Sylvia Baroutis on +61 3 9925 5469 or visit our website at www.rmit.edu.au/teachchange
Applications close on Wednesday 4th October, 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT strongly encourages expressions of interests from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons. To have a confidential discussion about your future career with RMIT for this opportunity, please contact Prof Mark McMillan, Deputy PVC Indigenous Education and Engagement on 03 9925 1461 or 0427 426 512.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.