Alumni and Engagement Coordinators
- Be valued for your skills in relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Collaborate with a dynamic team that thrives on creative and strategic thinking
- Become part of an organisation that values social impact and thought leadership
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy. Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals.
Our Alumni and Engagement team encourages alumni and friends to give time, money and expertise in support of these priorities, while providing ongoing value to graduates, and strengthening the University’s reputation.
The core focus of the Alumni and Engagement Coordinators are to engage with graduates in order to grow the brand and reputation of the Faculty, and the University; and to build ongoing support and participation through fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
The Alumni and Engagement Coordinators report to the Manager Alumni and Engagement and has no direct reports
About the role
- A $82K - A$87K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
Alumni & Engagement Coordinator - Engineering
*Please specify in your application the position you wish to apply for.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven track record in relationship management; strategic engagement programs and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to excellence in program and project delivery
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- In consultation with the Senior Manager; and after broad consultation with faculty staff and external stakeholders, develop and implement an alumni relations strategy for the faculty. This will need to be consistent with the UNSW alumni strategy, as well as the faculty’s overall vision and goals
- Ensure all engagement activities are consistent with the UNSW alumni strategy, as well as the Faculty’s overall vision and goals
- Coordinate a program of engagement activities that build strategic and sustainable engagement with alumni and other constituents
- Act as a key point of contact for Faculty alumni, and respond or action accordingly
- Add value to recruitment, research partnerships, and student activities by facilitating alumni involvement and engagement
- Map student to alumni transition, identifying and implementing improvements in systems and communication processes
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders and contribute to the development, delivery and evaluation of relevant Divisional projects and initiatives
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria and nominating which position/s are of interest). Please note all documentation must be in PDF format.
Melinda Holcombe - Alumni & Engagement Manager - Art & Design, Arts & Social Sciences, Built Environment, UNSW Canberra
T: (614) 68 401528
Natalie Nickson - Alumni & Engagement Manager - Engineering, Medicine and Science
T: (614) 6620 1321
Applications close: Tuesday, 19 September 2017