- Student Experience Directorate
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- $54.81 - $59.94 per hour
Your New Division:
Student Experience is CQUniversity's one-stop shop for all student information, advice and support needs. The Counselling team aims to assist students with any issues that may affect their university studies or personal life. Student counsellors support students in working towards their study and personal goals and help to promote their health and wellbeing.
Your New Role:
- Provide psycho / social / educational counselling for CQUniversity students, including diagnostic assessment, psychological intervention and counselling support, and providing referrals to other university support services or specialised community agencies.
- Be the first point of contact for students seeking assistance for a range of student life matters including but not limited to advice on academic issues, personal issues, and mental ill health.
You Will Have:
- A degree with at least four years subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Clinical experience in psychology or counselling dealing with a wide range of issues and providing psychological intervention to people from a variety of backgrounds, ages and cultures
- Group facilitation skills and an ability to develop and implement proactive counselling programs.
- High-level interpersonal skills with outstanding oral, written and online communication skills and ability to develop and deliver psycho / social / educational modules and seminars.
- Experience working with people who are culturally and linguistically diverse is considered highly desirable.
- Registration with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) or similar accrediting body, or working towards attaining such registration.
Applicants must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role:
- Cover Letter (outlining how your qualifications, skills and experience make you an ideal candidate)
- Current Resume
- Certified Copies of Mandatory Qualifications and Registrations
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32096
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday, 19 September 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter Current Resume, (please refer to Job Application Information), Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply