Research Officer/Senior Research Officer in Agriculture
- Fixed-Term (until 31.12.17), Full-Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences / Institute for Future Farming Systems
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Salary $92,886 to $110,303 pa
GPS tracking technologies are set to revolutionise the way graziers monitor and manage livestock. This position provides a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and evaluation of new GPS tracking systems for beef and sheep producers across Australia.
Your New Division:
This position sits concurrently within the Institute for Future Farming Systems that provides world-leading research across three key research areas: precision horticulture, non-invasive sensor systems and precision livestock management. The Institute focuses on applied research that meets the requirements of local, national and international agricultural industries. Within the Institute, the Precision Livestock Team consists of several internationally renowned researchers involved in the development of animal sensing technologies that enable graziers to improve their production efficiency.
Your New Role:
- Conducting research in the field of precision livestock management as part of the Australian Livestock Spatial Innovation Program developed by the CRC for Spatial Information and Meat and Livestock Australia.
- Collaborating with a network of graziers involved in developing GPS tracking devices for deployment on livestock.
- Producing conference and seminar papers and publications based on research findings.
You Will Be:
- A creative researcher with the ability to communicate with end-users (graziers) and develop fit for purpose solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry.
- A highly organised individual who is motivated by achieving practical results and performing work that results in concrete outcomes for the farming community.
You Will Have:
- A relevant doctoral qualification; or equivalent qualifications or; relevant research / industry experience (essential)
- Proven post-doctoral research experience resulting in publications, papers, reports or other contributions providing evidence of research ability (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in livestock research with a background in animal science or management and handson skills in livestock handling (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in the use and deployment of Global Position Systems (GPS) data loggers or similar animal sensing or asset tracking systems and application of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) such as ESRI ARC GIS or equivalent (desirable).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32073
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 17 September 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply