Research Assistant in Journal and Outreach
IndEcol is an interdisciplinary research and teaching program managing its own International MSc program and PhD program, consisting of 10 participating faculty members (5 at the Energy and Process Engineering department), 20 PhD students and 10 PostDocs/ researchers. IndEcol has a high reputation within the field as evidenced by numerous publications and international prizes.
The Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol), Department of Energy and Process Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is seeking a person to fulfil roles in journal publication and outreach. In total a 100% position is being offered, but an application for a part-time (minimum 50%) position will be considered under equal level of preference. This position is temporary for the duration of 3 years, until 31.12.2018.
The Industrial Ecology Programme is taking a lead role in the editorial operations of the Journal of Industrial Ecology, and has short-term funding (until end 2018) for a 50% position to support the operations of the journal. The second main task of the position (50% equivalent) is to improve the outreach of the industrial Ecology Programme with a view to increasing European collaboration, and to eventually result in new funding and project opportunities for the program.
- Checking incoming manuscripts for quality and adherence to guidelines
- Editing and reviewing issue proofs
- Editorial meetings
- Taking direction from key employees in the editorial office, both at NTNU and abroad
- Preparing material for outreach (improve graphic representational of research, summaries of research, etc)
- Potentially representing IndEcol in public fora, including networking events
- Developing further IndEcol’s web presence through traditional and new media
- Covering duties for IndEcol’s Professor group related to these activities
- Evidence of competence in outreach is required
- Numeracy and data management skills
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD
- A high level of personal responsibility, initiative and attention to detail
- Strong organizational/ administrative/ managerial and communication skills
- Excellent English and Norwegian skills, written and spoken, are required.
- Preferably experience in working with academic publication
- Good writing and grammatical skills.
- Ideally the candidate has a strong familiarity with industrial ecology
- Evidence of graphical and web skills is beneficial.
- Ability to deal with diverse cultures and disciplines.
- A good working environment
- Interesting tasks
- Challenging and varied responsibilities
The position will be remunerated in code 1108, normally from NOK 416 600 - 579 300 per annum before tax, and code 1109, normally from NOK 490 90-650 200 per annum before tax. There will be a 2% deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage.
Commencement as soon as possible.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government's policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. Persons with immigrant background are encouraged to apply. NTNU´s objective is to increase the number of females in scientific positions. Female applicants are therefore encouraged to apply.
Applications in English with CV, possible publications and other scientific works, certified copies of transcripts and reference letters should be submitted via this webpage at www.jobbnorge.no.
Mark the application with IV-181/17.
Application deadline is September 18th 2017
Should you require more information on this position please contact Professor Richard Wood via email: email@example.com
General information on the industrial ecology program is available from our website www.ntnu.edu/indecol
According to the new Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Monday, September 18, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Institutt for energi- og prosessteknikk
- Jobbnorge ID 141777
- Internal ID IV-181/17
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!