Spatial Systems Coordinator
Ensure effective administration and maintenance of the Facility Management System to support effective space planning at JCU.
- Contribute to successful facility management at JCU
- Work in a great team environment
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Spatial Systems Coordinator within Estate at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based in Townsville.
About the position
Reporting to the Team Leader, Space and Information Management you will ensure effective administration and maintenance of the Facility Management System, the central repository of information relating to University owned and leased space, on all campuses.
- Assists with space management issues as they arise across the University;
- Conduct data analysis of several other data systems for Space, Information Management and Timetabling outcomes;
- Conduct physical audits and establish procedures to capture all models or plans for new and existing spaces;
- Create documents using Space and Timetabling data for use in policy, procedures, presentations and support documents.
We are looking for a motivated individual who has strong administrative skills, with computer competency and a willingness to learn dynamic systems. You may also be a new graduate in drafting who is interested in facilities, and project work with the ability to contribute effectively to a team environment.
You will also:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Have well-developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines;
- Proven well developed problem solving skills and Information Technology experience to resolve complex issues;
- Familiarity with Facility and/or Space Management systems, preferably FM:Interact or AutoCAD; and with Building Information Modelling Systems (preferably REVIT) or SQL Report Builder
The Estate Directorate delivers a comprehensive estate management service through the provision of master planning, space optimisation and timetabling, development and construction, campus services, asset services, infrastructure services, energy management and sustainability.
Consistently voted in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
Click on "apply now" to be taken to the JCU careers page where you can find further information on JCU, download the position description and further instructions on how to apply.
Applications close: 24 September 2017