Senior Health, Safety & Wellbeing Consultant
- Consistently among the highest ranked universities in Melbourne for education experience, including for teaching quality, graduate satisfaction
- HEW 8, attractive salary and benefits
- Full-time ongoing, Hawthorn based
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
About the job
As a team member of the Health Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) the position will provide timely delivery and specialist advice and support to managers and staff within the University across a broad range of Health, Safety & Wellbeing issues.
The emphasis of the advice provided to line managers is on best practice HSW strategies and solutions, which ensure the University both meets all its legal obligations and provides a safe and satisfying workplace for all its employees.
The Senior HSW Consultant will work closely with the Manager, HSW and partner with varied internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and/or improve Health, Safety & Wellbeing policies, systems and programmes to meet strategic risk management objectives.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in occupational health and safety or related discipline along with subsequent relevant experience
- An in depth knowledge and practical understanding of HSW legislation, compliance codes and strategies for their successful deployment across the University
- Proven capacity to consult effectively on workplace risk assessments and development of practical resolution strategies
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to balance competing demands, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
- High level interpersonal and influencing skills and influencing skills and the ability to shape problem and issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and provide professional advice across a range of HSW issues
- Demonstrated capacity in needs identification, project development, management and evaluation
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
How to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Paul Kozina, Manager, HSW on email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Position number: 32514
Applications close at 5pm, Tuesday 19 September 2017.