Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowship
Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships 2017
Applications are invited to the University of Nottingham’s prestigious internal fellowship schemes: the Anne McLaren Fellowships and the Nottingham Research Fellowships.
The Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers, who are typically under-represented in these subjects, and wish to establish a research career in the UK.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in most academic disciplines represented at the University.
The University of Nottingham has a long-standing reputation for transformative world-class research, and is committed to an unprecedented investment in our research and people. We recognise the value and contribution of early career researchers in delivering our ambitious research vision, and are committed to recruiting 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows by the end of 2020. This call forms the first stage of this process. Our fellowships provide a recognised first step into an independent research career. Fellowships will usually commence in October 2018.
Each fellowship offers:
- Three years independent funding, starting October 2018, to conduct research while based at the University of Nottingham.
- Salary set on the Research and Teaching Staff Scales grade 4 or 5 (£29,301 and £46,924) depending on experience. The salary may progress annually, subject to performance.
- The linking of the Fellowship to an established academic post, subject to performance against a high quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK.
- The opportunity to apply for additional funding for research costs, up to £25,000 per annum.
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum where appropriate.
- The opportunity to spend periods of time at University of Nottingham Campuses in China and Malaysia.
- Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme.
Place of Tenure: The University of Nottingham
Length of Tenure: Three years guaranteed. Academic years 2018/19; 2019/20; 2020/21.
Subjects covered: Nottingham Research Fellowship – all participating schools (please check with individual school/faculty contacts);
Anne McLaren Fellowship - academic disciplines in the Faculties of Science, Engineering and Medicine, plus the Geosciences research theme in the School of Geography.
Eligibility: Candidates must have been awarded their PhD. They must have had no more than eight years full-time postdoctoral experience from the date of award of the PhD.
Further information: For further information and details of how to apply, please see: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/researchwithus/fellowships/internally-funded.aspx
Expressions of Interest: 1700 on 3rd November 2017 to Host School
Full applications: 1700 on 19th January 2018