Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Medicine and Health Sciences
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's newly established Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Within AIHI, The Centre for Healthcare Resilience and Implementation Science (CHRIS) has a successful track record of undertaking research and evaluation projects on health sector issues since 1991. Its core interest is to investigate issues of policy, governance and leadership in the health sector. It is involved in conducting original research into clinical governance issues, providing a scholarly capability by which to evaluate health sector policies, programs and projects, and contributing to undergraduate medical, postgraduate health services management, and public health and doctoral education.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Centre is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to contribute to collaborative research projects working with Professor Jeffrey Braithwaite, Founding Director of the Institute and Centre.
The successful candidate will have a background in mixed-methods research within a health-related field e.g. health services, research medicine, medical humanities, medical anthropology, psychology, etc. and have prior relevant experience in a similar role.
For further information on our research projects, please visit our websites; www.aihi.mq.edu.au
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below in a separate document and upload this along with their cover letter and CV during the online application process.
a cover letter addressing their experience in regards to each of the selection criteria below along with their resume as part of the application process.
Essential selection criteria:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant health-related discipline e.g. health services research, medical sciences, medical anthropology, psychology
- Experience in the preparation of literature reviews
- Experience with research design e.g., developing a protocol, developing or adapting methods to answer specific research questions
- Strong background in quantitative or qualitative research with exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of national presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to coordinate project meetings, plan research projects and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, students, management, health care executives, providers and recipients, and external stakeholders
- Experience in the preparation of grant applications and ethics applications
Desirable selection criteria:
- Experience with undertaking field work activities, such as ethnographic observations, and the ability to conduct interviews and manage focus groups
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
Note: This position requires a Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW and criminal record check. Qualification checks will also be required.
Salary Package: From $88,420 to $94,760 p.a. (Level A), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, 1 year fixed term position
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Jeffrey Braithwaite, Centre for Healthcare Resilience and Implementation Science, Australian Institute of Health Innovation at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday, 8 October 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.