Associate Professor/Professor in Medicine
7 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty has staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric department in the country and one of the leading university groups internationally. The school receives considerable research funds from the NHMRC through project grants and program grants, as well as from the other national peer-reviewed competitive funding bodies such as ARC. The School has locations at the University’s teaching hospitals at Prince of Wales, St Vincent’s, St George and Liverpool, as well as Justice Health, the Rural Clinical School and many private hospitals.
About the role
- $ 147K-$ 188K plus (17% superannuation, clinical and leave loading)
The School of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for a senior clinical academic to join their team. Located at St Vincent's Hospital, Darlinghurst, this senior academic position will be responsible for undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and be engaged in promoting and conducting research in an area closely aligned to the Faculty of Medicine’s Neuroscience, Mental Health and Addiction research theme. As a qualified Psychiatrist, the successful application will be expected to continue the strong, collaborative partnership between the School and St Vincent's Hospital and will be eligible for a Clinical Academic Allowance through St Vincent's Health Australia, subject to a clinical service performance agreement.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A distinguished record of achievement in research.
- Eligibility for medical registration in Australia and possession of RANZCP or equivalent specialty qualification.
- A research doctorate (PhD or MD) in a relevant discipline area and an outstanding research record as evidenced by publications in top tier journals.
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Scientia Professor Philip Mitchell
T: (61 2) 9382 3711
Applications close: Friday, 29 September 2017