Lecturer / Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Arts & Design
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
UNSW has a bold, ambitious and altruistic 2025 Strategy. At UNSW, we take pride in the broad range and high quality of our teaching programs. Our teaching gains strength and currency from our research activities, strong industry links and our international nature; UNSW has a strong regional and global engagement. At UNSW Art & Design our teaching utilises the latest methods, underpinned by leading-edge technology and an innovative learning environment to inspire a new generation of creative thinkers.
About the roles
- Seeking Academic staff to make innovative contributions to teaching and research
- Available from January 2018 under a 3-year fixed term / convertible tenure track at the following levels:
- Lecturer (B) level offer an annual salary between $103K - $121K, plus 17% super and leave loading
- Senior Lecturer (C) level offer an annual salary between $125K - $143K, plus 17% super and leave loading
- Associate Professor (D) level offer an annual salary between $149K - $164K, plus 17% super and leave loading
- Full-time and Part-time arrangements will be considered
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
About the successful applicants
We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the areas of Design with qualifications, experience and passion in the areas of:
- Graphic Design/Visual Communication
- Exhibition Design
- Object Design – including Jewellery and Ceramics
- Design History
Those with experience in design-led practice, research and teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and/or postgraduate research domains, including those with experience in Higher Degree Research Supervision, are encouraged to apply.
If teaching and researching in this stimulating environment appeals to you, apply online with your CV and addressing the selection criteria.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Shiree Thomas, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 2401
Applications close: 30 September 2017