Logistics, Maintenance and Resource Planner
Logistics, Maintenance and Resource Planner in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Methods and Logistics Section (ML).
You will join the Methods and logistics section (ML), which is in charge of:
- Management of the industrial support contract for Maintenance & Operation.
- Supervision of the non-LHC cryogenic systems and infrastructure exploitation.
- Management of the CAMMS interface and tools, spare parts logistrics and storage.
- Coordination & scheduling of TE-CRG activities.
- Interface with the central coordination for accelerators, detectors and test facilities.
- Orders and distribution of cryogenic fluids CERN-wide.
For more information: http://te-dep.web.cern.ch/content/cryogenics-group-crg
As Technical engineer in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Methods and logistics section (ML), you will participate in the operation and maintenance program of the cryogenic equipment for CERN's accelerators, detectors and test areas. Development of methodology, quality assurance and tools leading to the improvement of the overall availability of the cryogenic systems.
Your main functions will be:
- Manage the provision and distribution of large quantities of the cryogenic fluids (liquid nitrogen, liquid helium) and present detailed follow-up statistics for the distribution, consumption and inventory evolution of the cryogens at CERN.
- Coordinate and manage the relations between the suppliers of the cryogen and the various internal CERN clients (up to 40 clients CERN wide).
- Manage the use of the CERN asset management tool (infor-eam) in order to adapt-it to the specificities of the cryogenics group needs.
- Manage the web based section/group communication and management tools.
- Prepare with data mining tools reliability statistical analysis for maintenance and consolidation decision.
- Draw up and manage the technical documentation associated to the above activities.
- Train cryogenics end users to the tools provides by the section.
Bachelor or equivalent qualification, in the field of Maintenance management and logistics, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Mastering the use and configuration of computer maintenance management tools (INFOR-EAM, Maximo, ¿)
- Experience in several of the following fields: Data mining tools (Pentaho, Business objects...), management of SharePoint or Drupal websites, maintenance management of the cryogenic refrigeration process equipment.
- Training of end users.
- Logistics experience.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Logistics management: mastering the use and configuration of computer maintenance management tools (infor-eam, maximo, ...).
- User Relationship Management.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Use of Database software packages: SQL tools; website management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating a willingness to accept changing circumstances; supporting initiatives for change; being willing to work on different projects simultaneously.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; producing comprehensive work/project plans taking into account resources and contingencies; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.