Associate Professor in Law
5 days left
- Full Time
- Join a Law School with an inspiring culture of research and teaching
- Build on current momentum and position ACU at the forefront of excellence in legal education
- Full-time continuing position based in North Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Thomas More Law School has a rapidly rising profile with a vibrant research culture, a strong tradition of teaching excellence, and for producing world-ready graduates who are guided by social justice principles in their approach to life and work.
As a senior member of the Law School you will:
- undertake high-quality research and teaching
- supervise post-graduate higher degree research students
- engage with the wider community and profession on key issues relevant to the discipline
- complete relevant leadership and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a PhD
- a strong track record of high-quality research in the discipline of Law
- a record of innovation and excellence in learning and teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level including the ability to work in research teams to deliver shared goals
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description - secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com/apply/TransferRichTextFile.ashx?sData=Fwg6i4Eli-AanO7aRBDhthFWQrKikc4EVGZU07Y5peOIrK-XlShl2bDtKs29gSKObsBUYsM73bM%7e . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration for Associate Professor is valued to $161,833- $178,148 pa including salary component $137,159- $151,103 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
To discuss this role further contact Professor Rocque Reynolds, Dean, Thomas More Law School (03) 9953 3801
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 24 September