Senior Lecturer in Linguistics
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
The Department of Linguistics within the Faculty of Human Sciences at Macquarie University is one of the largest and most diverse linguistics departments in Australia and was ranked in the top 50 in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by subject. In the 2016 ERA quality assurance in research exercise, the Department was assessed as 'above world standard'. It has an extensive PhD program and excellent postgraduate coursework programs in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, Applied Linguistics, TESOL and Translation & Interpreting, in addition to the highly regarded and increasingly popular undergraduate Bachelor of Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences degree.
Macquarie University is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified academic to a Senior Lecturer (Level C) teaching and research position within the Department of Linguistics.
As Senior Lecturer, you will engage in the full range of academic activities including teaching (at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels), actively engaging in a research program and participating in University community engagement activities.
To be considered for this position applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and upload a response in a separate document during the online application process.
- Award of PhD.
- Demonstrated expertise in Psycholinguistics with a focus on typical and/or atypical language processing.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality learning and teaching, including the design, implementation, and management of programs, lectures, tutorials and assessments.
- Clearly defined and well-articulated research agenda with a track record of high quality publications at the research productive level (i.e. a minimum of 2 high quality publications per year), and evidence of potential to take on a leadership role in a research group.
- Demonstrated ability to attract external funding for research with a record of competitive grant successes.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful research student completions as primary supervisor.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the academic life and administrative tasks of an academic department with a track record of effective team work and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of ongoing partnerships with industry and/or professional bodies.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can provide evidence of successful interdisciplinary research projects.
Salary Package From $121,953 – $140,246 p.a. (Level C), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing position, to start early January 2018
Specific Role Enquiries: Associate Professor Jan-Louis Kruger, Head of Department, on email@example.com or +61-2-9850-1467
General Recruitment Enquiries: Letitia Poile on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11.55 pm Sunday, 24 September 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.