Senior Lecturer in Accounting Data Analytics
- Continuing, Full-Time
- School of Business and Law
- CQUniversity Brisbane
- Total Remuneration $134,262 to $154,395 pa,
Your New Division:
CQUniversity is the fastest growing regional university in Australia, and prides itself on being one of the country’s most engaged universities, with a unique vision for social inclusion. The School of Business and Law has experienced significant growth over the last 2-3 years. The School delivers exceptional educational programs through a variety of channels including, face-to-face classroom modes, ITsupported off-campus delivery and blended learning. The School wishes to embed data analytics in its accounting and business courses to meet market needs.
Your New Role:
In this role, you will develop innovative teaching strategies to expose accounting students, and business students in general, to the growing data analytics field. Study topics relevant to accounting will include predictive data analytics, data mining, data visualization, performance measurement, audit trail analysis, Benford’s Law, fraud detection, Big Data, and relevant software tools. You will provide leadership in research projects, based in the accounting discipline and broader, multi-discipline contexts, which apply current data analytics and visualization tools.
You Will Be:
- Building strong professional networks and developing and maintaining working relationships with others that requires interaction and mutual support.
- Inspiring and guiding others and gaining acceptance of ideas and plans.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application please provide evidence of the following qualifications/experiences;
- Possession of a doctoral qualification (PhD) in a relevant discipline (essential).
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching/Education (essential).
- An understanding of current professional and educational issues in higher education and the ability to engage and work effectively with colleagues within the School and across the University (essential).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32067
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 17th September 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.