Associate Dean – Learning & Teaching Enhancement
The Associate Dean Learning & Teaching Enhancement (ADLTE) will advise the Vice Chancellor through the PVCL&T in the area of learning and teaching enhancement. He/She will maintain and promote FNU’s strategic push for ensuring their academic staffs is appropriately qualified in content and pedagogical competencies and skills in its drive towards quality teaching and program delivery. He/She is responsible for enhancing learning & teaching culture that engages staff and students to participate in productive learning and teaching activities, including the development and delivery of high quality programs and enriched learning environments throughout the University. He/She will demonstrate academic and strategic leadership in relation to policy development and management of learning and teaching enhancement.
- Promote teaching excellence within the university.
- Work with Heads of School and other stakeholders to develop, implement and meet agreed learning and teaching strategy, objectives and targets, including in relation to student retention and engagement.
- Promote research into teaching practices.
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of the academic development activities relating to learning and teaching, including learning and teaching seminars.
- Evaluate strategies to enhance the quality of the coursework learning environment and the learning and teaching culture of the university.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the PVC – Learning and Teaching
Candidates must have a relevant PhD in the area of Learning and Teaching Enhancement and at least five (5) years of working experience in a higher education institution, with experience in IT Learning and Teaching Enhancement.
Click Here to view the Candidate Pack.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department of Administration
Nasinu - Valelevu
Num x 1