Senior Scholarships Officer
Academic Support Office
Faculty of Business and Economics
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Faculty of Business and Economics are seeking an experienced administrative officer to join their Scholarships team. This team is responsible for coordinating, administering, supporting and promoting all faculty scholarship programs, award of scholarships and prizes, ongoing financial management of the scholarships program and payments to scholarship and prizes holders.
About the role
The Senior Scholarships Officer supports the Scholarships Manager with the development and implementation of Faculty scholarships procedures and administration of various tasks that support the awarding and monitoring of scholarships and prizes in the Faculty of Business and Economics. And is required to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including University Services, academics and professional staff from across the University and is expected to ensure high quality and timely delivery of services.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience in large and complex organisations or extensive experience and specialist expertise or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- High-level organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to work independently, adopt a systematic approach to tasks, prioritise work tasks, and meet deadlines at required standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, and willingness to contribute positively to the FBE Scholarships programs.
- Proven experience in managing projects to successful completion, including the ability to implement system and procedural improvements to enhance system functionality
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and the capacity to prepare reports by gathering and analysing data
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skill, including the capacity to understand and communicate specialist and complex information to people from a range of backgrounds with varying needs.
- Excellent numeracy skills and the capacity to contribute to financial management activities
- Demonstrated moderate supervisory or mentoring capacity for junior team members.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 24 Sep 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria