Web Developer in Marketing & Communications, Interactive Design
5 days left
- Full Time
Interactive Design (http://www.bu.edu/id) is the web design division of Boston University’s award-winning Creative Services group within the department of Marketing & Communications. The ID hive is always buzzing with wicked smart developers, innovative designers and colorful copywriters, all of whom have a deep knowledge and passion for BU culture.
We are looking for a Web Developer II who’ll contribute to the development and deployment of both websites built with a content management system (WordPress) and static websites. If you’re passionate, conscientious and love to innovate, test, and launch interactive projects—from large websites to editorial stories to mobile applications—this is the place for you.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work with the project team to fulfill requirements based on scope, wireframes, and design comps, optimize code within the code base, collaborate on QA testing and bug-fixing, and assist with implementation and deployment.
- You’ll collaborate with other developers, designers, project managers, and photographers to build complex functionality--All while being around some really nice people.
- You’ll determine appropriate tools, methods, and solutions for projects, help inform project scope, and estimate effort to inform project managers in setting project schedule and deadlines.
If you want to work with a creative team of professionals to develop engaging, results-oriented online products for high-visibility, high-priority areas of Boston University, we want to hear from you.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Understanding of basic computer science algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working with project-based teams.
- Experience developing for WordPress or content management systems.
- Thorough use of version control systems, such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, such as Sass.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experience using taskrunners, such as Grunt.
- Experience contributing to or writing Wordpress plugins.
- Experience producing unit testing and QA plans.
- Experience working and releasing code to open-source communities
- Please include a link to your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.