Teacher English Language Preparatory Program
Established in 2003, JCU Singapore offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked among the top 2% universities in the world(ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The appointee will be an experienced academic member and will be responsible for teaching and supervision on the English Language Preparatory Program. Applications are invited from candidates in any area of research and practice with a focus on English or Education.
- A leadership role in curriculum preparation, teaching, and assessment
- Course administration and coordination
- Ensuring all operations accord with established JCU procedures, policies and established practices
- Contribution to the profession e.g. research, pedagogy
- Other duties as determined from time to time by JCU Singapore management
Key selection criteria
- A degree plus recognized TESOL qualification (e.g. CELTA)
OR a degree, plus teaching qualification including TESOL
OR a degree in education or teaching including TESOL
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students
- The ability to teach General or Academic English at various levels
Dr Rodney Gillett, Head of Department;
Tel: +65 6709 3770
Full time position subject to Ministry of Man power Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Remuneration: SGD62 000 per annum – SGD89 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates.The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.