Professor in Education/Mathematics Education
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Professor will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in mathematics education in the School and promote the School within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Lead teams in teaching and/or research which enhance the achievement of Deakin’s strategic goals in research, teaching, engagement and innovation in mathematics education
- Sustain an international reputation in the leadership of research and teaching in mathematics education
- Provide intellectual leadership in recognised areas of eminence, including as a public intellectual, leading internationally recognised research, high quality publications and external competitive grants
- Lead strong relationships with research, community, industry and government for high quality teaching and research outcomes
- PhD in mathematics education or other relevant discipline
- Evidence of original, innovative and distinguished contribution to scholarship and teaching, research and research supervision in mathematics education
- Demonstrated success as an eminent authority at the national and international level in research and scholarship through high quality publications in mathematics education
- Evidence of successful leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Christine Ure, telephone +61 3 9244 6068,
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 22 October 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here:deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.