Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Law
3 days left
- Full Time
Sydney Law School
The University of Sydney
- Work with internationally renowned colleagues at Sydney Law School
- Up to 4 academic teaching and research roles, full-time, continuing, located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, continuing, $84K - $195K package, which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
We are calling for applications from scholars who can teach into our Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) compulsory teaching units.
The University of Sydney seeks to recruit people whose own values align with the University’s stated values of “scholarly courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity”. The Law School is looking to recruit scholars who can teach into our Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) compulsory teaching units; with preference given to candidates who can teach in one or more of the following areas:
- Civil and Criminal Procedure
- Real Property, and
- Private International Law.
You will engage with and contribute to faculty learning and teaching activities and processes and pursue a research agenda.
You will have previous teaching experience and demonstrated potential to take responsibility for curriculum development and design, course coordination, and assessment, as well as the potential to conduct scholarly research. You will have a proven scholarly research track record, or proven potential to develop a scholarly research track record, and while preferable it is not essential that your research interests be in the above areas. There will be a requirement for you to be committed to teach in one or more of the above compulsory units on an on-going basis.
Successful candidates will:
- demonstrate talent and enthusiasm for teaching in one or more of the compulsory law subjects in the LLB and JD programs, particularly Civil and Criminal Procedure, Equity, Real Property, and Private International Law.
- hold a research degree in law, or demonstrated equivalent research capacity. Successful applicants will generally hold a PhD.
- demonstrate capacity and ability in teaching; research; and governance, leadership and engagement as appropriate for each academic level. Appointments may be made between Level A and Level D, as appropriate for each candidate. Descriptions of the University’s expectations for Level A to Level D positions can be found in the section of Schedule 2 of the Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 concerning Teaching and Research Academic Staff.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 8 October 2017 11.30pm
Interview date: 5 December 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.