Coordinator of Legal Clinics and Experiential Learning
Griffith Law School is consistently ranked as one of the world's top 100 law schools. The School is committed to social justice and offers a curriculum that is practical, critical and global in outlook. We offer an interdisciplinary legal education with a diverse range of double degrees, and students gain extensive practical skills through mooting, negotiation, research and other skills-based learning opportunities.
This is a continuing, full time position primarily based at Nathan campus, however the successful applicant may also be required to work on other campuses of the University.
As Coordinator of the Legal Clinic Program you will have a strong profile as a legal practitioner and educator, will be highly committed to teaching excellence, with superlative people and organizational skills.
The position will commence with a Teaching-focused profile. The appointee will be required to manage and develop the courses offered through the legal clinic program; work with the Law School's industry engagement officer and other parts of the University to offer other work integrated and experiential learning opportunities to Griffith law students; and work to secure external funding for the legal clinic program. Future work allocations will be reviewed and in alignment with the operational and student-centred requirements of the School.
As the successful candidate, you will have a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a current practising certificate, or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in teaching and curriculum development, as well as program leadership, will ensure that you have the capability to effectively manage the work load of this unique opportunity. A proven track record in research publications in areas relevant to the legal clinic program would be advantageous.
Senior Lecturer (Level C): $111,104 - $128,113 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $129,993 - $149,893 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description. Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Applications close at 5pm on the closing date. All applications must be submitted online.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Penelope Mathew, Head, Griffith Law School via email at email@example.com.
For application queries, please contact Teagan Brown, Recruitment Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 6551.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2017 at 5 pm AEST.