Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Law
Griffith Law School is consistently ranked as one of the world's top 100 law schools. The School is committed to social justice and offers a curriculum that is practical, critical and global in outlook. We offer an interdisciplinary legal education with a diverse range of double degrees, and students gain extensive practical skills through mooting, negotiation, research and other skills-based learning opportunities.
This is a continuing, full time position primarily based at Gold Coast campus, however the successful applicant may also be required to work on other campuses of the University.
As Lecturer / Senior Lecturer you will have a developing research profile, will be highly committed to teaching excellence, and will actively and effectively supervise honours and postgraduate research student projects.
The positon will commence with a Teaching and Research profile. The appointee will be required to undertake teaching and research in their area of expertise, as well as contribute to the School's teaching and research outcomes including publications and research success, teaching excellence and higher degree research supervision and completions, and engagement activities.
As the successful candidate, you will have a relevant doctoral qualification in Law, with demonstrated skills and experience in the teaching and administration of University courses. You will have proven success in attracting research grant funding, combined with an ability to publish quality research in impact areas. Demonstrated experience in curriculum design, course coordination and program leadership would be desirable.
Lecturer (Level B): $90,697 - $107,706 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $106,116 - $126,017 per annum.
Senior Lecturer (Level C): $111,104 - $128,113 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $129,993 - $149,893 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description. Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
- Please address the selection criteria for the level for which you are applying.
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Applications close at 5pm on the closing date. All applications must be submitted online.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Penelope Mathew, Head, Griffith Law School via email at email@example.com.
For application queries, please contact Teagan Brown, Recruitment Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 6551.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2017 at 5 pm AEST.