Director of Knowledge Exchange Operations
Closing Date: Open till filled
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB322,000 to RMB403,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
Oversee and manage knowledge exchange operations at UNNC.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) with proven relevant experience in a similar role OR An extensive track record of relevant work experience in a similar role;
- Authoritative business acumen and ability to scope, define and realise potential commercial work;
- A sound understanding of the higher education and external environment, especially as it relates to research and knowledge exchange;
- Proven negotiating, influencing and diplomacy skills;
- Experience working in an international environment;
- Proven people management skills;
- Ability to think strategically, and to contribute to policymaking;
- Proven high-level project management skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to deliver results against tight deadlines;
- Proven experience within the following areas identifying and developing business opportunities, commercial negotiation, the submission of competitive proposals, and successfully concluding new deals;
- Proven track record and substantial relevant experience in:
- Building and consolidating reputation, brand and quality in Higher Education, business and other relevant sectors;
- Conducting research and knowledge exchange activities in a sector relevant to the University’s strategic priorities with a substantive track record of success;
- Building, maintaining leveraging an extensive domestic and international network of senior contacts in relevant research and commercial sectors and HE in support of creating successful partnerships;
- Working within a regulatory/procedural framework/governing delivery of service;
- Assessing the resourcing requirements of activity, and of systems for managing and forecasting such resources.
- Experience of developing innovative solutions and contributing to strategic planning;
- Substantial experience of managing and developing a significant team and projects;
- Proven people management skills;
- Operational planning and business management skills;
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets/resources;
- Understanding and familiarity with contracts relating to Research and Knowledge Exchange or similar activity, particularly within the Chinese context;
- Collegiate and effective team player;
- Overnight/international travel will be required.
- Good awareness of key issues, trends, opportunities and challenges in the higher education sector;
- A background in learning and management development;
- Working in or with higher education institutions;
- Experience of managing diverse teams and gaining the support of others to deliver new projects;
- Experience of networking and building relationships to deliver effective collaborations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver to annual targets for sustainable income generation consistent with the University’s ambition to become a recognised leading international University as laid out in Strategy 2020 in knowledge exchange;
- Promoting Knowledge Exchange nationally and internationally, providing coherent and effective services to all key stakeholders and customers and to deliver demonstrable value and to ensure that an efficient service is maintained on an ongoing basis;
- Be a key contributor to the development and delivery of the institution’s overall knowledge exchange strategy and operational plan;
- Drive a themed events programme relevant to customers’ needs, to national and international delegations and sustaining a high quality communications strategy to penetrate new markets and sustain existing business;
- Maintain close intelligence on University knowledge exchange activities Identify and establish productive and sustainable links with potential partners regionally, nationally and worldwide, promoting the University as a leading and integral part of the knowledge exchange community;
- Represent the broad assets of the University and be alert to and actively respond to opportunities across our full range of activities;
- Inform and inspire academic staff regarding the potential and actual needs of partners through authoritative advice so as to stimulate the development of research, products and services that will meet expressed and potential need;
- Develop, nurture and maintain effective relationships with senior colleagues in relevant disciplines to ensure that knowledge exchange strategy adds value to and aligns with other strategic aims and activities;
- Exploit synergies in engagement with the public and private sectors and the teaching and research activities of the University;
- Day to day management of the KE team and play a leading role and provide performance management for allocated staff within KE. Review, quality assure and approve operational plans for each team to the Director of RKE;
- Represent the University at internal and external events, which will include developing and delivering presentations and participating in workshops and seminars;
- Provide training and advice (e.g. bid writing, contractual, IP related and legal) to successfully design, negotiate and deliver large-scale projects.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org