Description of Work Unit
The purpose of the work unit is to provide custodial services necessary to ensure clean, safe, sanitary, well maintained buildings to meet University customer needs and to protect the assets of CSU which further enhance the University’s ability to achieve its objectives in instruction, research and public service. We are good stewards, we are caring, we are collaborative, we are progressive, we are experts.
Under the direction and supervision of a Custodian II and / or Custodian III provides a range of custodial services to building occupants including but not limited to cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, removal of trash and recyclable materials, window and entry glass cleaning, carpeted and hardfloor maintenance including vacuuming, spot cleaning and extracting of carpeted floors and vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, burnishing, stripping and refinishing of hard surface floors.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Six full-time months of custodial services experience.
Highly sought applicants will offer many of the following:
- Custodial experience in an institutional or commercial environment
- Willing to be trained and learn new and different methods
- Confidence – they expect success in what they do
- Compassion – they have genuine care and concern for others
- Empowerment – they use their knowledge and skills to adjust, change, and improve daily tasks/work for themselves and others
- Responsibility – they take ownership of decisions and actions
- Integrity – they are honest and others trust them
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Custodial Services Duty/Responsibility
Perform routine custodial services , including but not limited to cleaning, sanitizing and stocking of restrooms, removal of trash and recyclable materials, window and entry glass cleaning, carpeted and hardfloor maintenance including vacuuming, spot cleaning and extracting of carpeted floors and vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, burnishing, stripping and refinishing of hard surface floors.
Percentage Of Time 70 Job Duty Category Building Access & Security Duty/Responsibility
Provide for building access and security through snow removal services both within the regular Monday through Friday work schedule as well as on week-ends as necessary and through daily unlock and lock up services.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Athletic Events Duty/Responsibility
Provide custodial support for athletic events at the new CSU Multipurpose Stadium both within the regular Monday through Friday work schedule as well as on week ends when necessary.
Percentage Of Time 25
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Pre-employment Physical, Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare., On-call Status - May be called in outside of normal hours to assist with snow removal or flood cleanup.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.