Lecturer appointment in Māori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme
- Permanent Lecturer appointments available for Māori and/or Pacific scholars
- Utilise your PhD and begin your academic career
- Directly support Māori and Pacific student achievement initiatives
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) aspires to be the University of opportunity for Māori and Pacific people and is proactively engaged in growing the number of Maori and Pacific academics at AUT. AUT is dedicated to increasing the participation and success of Māori and Pacific peoples across all academic disciplines. We are a young university with an innovative, student centric academic environment with a strong focus on research-led teaching.
The programme and roles: The 2018 Early Career Academic Programme offers up to six Māori and/or Pacific scholars permanent, full-time appointments as research-active lecturers. Appointments will be considered for a range of subject areas, where appointees will contribute to teaching programmes applicable to their academic department, produce new research outputs and support Māori and Pacific student achievement initiatives.
Professional development and networks: Appointees will join a dedicated programme support network to develop their teaching skills, extend research capability and advance their professional skills in supervision and graduate mentoring. In addition to support from their line manager and mentor, appointees will also have a member of the University’s Strategic Leadership Team overseeing their professional development as an academic.
Appointments are being considered in the following subject areas:
- Communication Studies
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology and Software Engineering
- Interprofessional Health Studies
- Language and Culture
- Sport and Recreation
Important eligibility criteria:
- This must be your first full-time, permanent academic teaching position in a university
- You must have a completed PhD, or will have submitted your completed thesis for examination by 31 December 2017
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in teaching as well as research
- Preference will be given to candidates who identify as either Māori or Pacific, and can demonstrate a commitment to promoting the educational advancement of Māori or Pacific youth
- You must be able to start between 1 January - 26 February 2018
AUT already has over 30,000 adventurous, energised, innovative educators, researchers and studentsthat have been drawn to test boundaries, challenge established theories, break new ground and discover what is possible…
Click ‘Apply’ below to visit the dedicated landing page on the AUT careers site. Here you’ll get further information, be able to watch our current early career academics talk about their experiences and apply directly to the individual jobs advertised.
- Closing date for applications is Sunday, 24 September 2017
- Interviews will take place throughout October 2017
More searches like this
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand