Electrical Technical Engineer
Electrical Technical Engineer in the CERN Technology Department (TE), Electrical Power Converter Group (EPC), High Power Converter section (HPC).
You will join:
- The High Power Converter section (HPC) within the Electrical Power Converter group (TE-EPC), responsible for design, construction, procurement, installation, maintenance and operation of power converters in the high power range, from several MW up to 150 MW. In addition, the section is responsible for several 18 kV Static VarCompensators for reactive power compensation.
As Technical Engineer in Electrical Engineering, you will participate in the operation and maintenance of electrical installations and power transformers. In this context, you will:
- Be in charge of maintenance of power transformers.
- Set up and manage industrial service contracts for the maintenance and renovation of power transformers.
- Supervise contractor's activities working at CERN.
- Propose and implement measures for environmental protection.
- Participate in fault finding and corrective interventions.
Bachelor in the field of Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in the management of industrial supply contracts or service contracts.
- Previous experience of maintenance and operation of electrical equipment or power transformers.
- Proven experience of supervision of personnel or supervision of a work-site.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Commissioning, maintenance & operation of electrical distribution systems.
- Electro-mechanical construction.
- Environmental protection: knowledge of environmental protection regarding transformer oil.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; Using time efficiently and effectively.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.