Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Computer Science
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Senior Lecturer (Level C) / Associate Professor (Level D) (1 position)
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Computer Science is one of seven Schools in the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences. The School offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science and software engineering, and has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
We are seeking an individual with the ability to teach in a wide range of core computer science and software engineering subjects, and whose research interests align with one of the research areas of strength within the School.
Salary: (Level C) $115,310 - $132,966 / (Level D) $138,845 - $152,965 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- A PhD, or equivalent, in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Teaching experience, or potential, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in the teaching program of the school.
- Demonstrated ability to significantly contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects (including curriculum development) within the range of subjects offered by the school.
- Demonstrated ability to significantly contribute to world class research within a research area of strength within the School of Computer Science.
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English.
The successful applicant will be appointed at an appropriate level depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Katrina Falkner, telephone: +618 8313 6178 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 4th October 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply