Associate Professor/Professor in Civil/Environmental Engineering
SALARY RANGE: $136,960 to $175,745 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the area of Civil or Environmental Engineering and promote the School within relevant corporate, government, industry, academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership beyond their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- Contributing to the leadership of major research projects, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities
- Demonstrating distinguished scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes
- Providing innovative leadership towards the implementation of the University’s Strategic Agenda
- PhD in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience in leading research teams, with a strong international scholarly publication record based on research or practice in the area of Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to make an outstanding contribute to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Karen Hapgood Head of School, tel
+61 3 5227 8157, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Monday 18 September 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.