You will join the Normal Conducting Magnets section (MNC) of the Magnets, Superconductors and Cryostats (MSC) Group of the Technology Department (TE) which is in charge of the development, operation and maintenance of all the normal conducting magnets of the CERN accelerator complex.
As electromechanical technician, you will integrate the team managing the operation, maintenance and upgrade of all the normal conducting magnets of the CERN accelerator complex.
Your main activities will consist of:
- Participate in the inspections and tests of the normal conducting magnets installed in the CERN accelerator complex.
- Participate in the maintenance of these magnets both in situ in the accelerators as well as in the magnet workshops.
- Supervise electromechanical work performed by contractors.
- Manage the administrative procedures required to perform the activities on the magnets, in the workshops as well as in the CERN accelerator complex.
Technical certificate in the field of Electromechanics, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in test & measurement of electromechanical devices.
The following additional experience would be an asset:
- Experience in high voltage tests.
- Experience in maintenance of electromechanical devices.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Electromechanical testing.
- Electromechanical construction: assembling electromechanical sub-systems.
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; providing others with timely information.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 18.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work during nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.