Lecturer in Biological/Biomedical Science
DEPARTMENT of ANATOMY
SCHOOL of BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic researcher and teacher to join a large, diverse and research-oriented Department. Up to two confirmation path/permanent positions, commencing at the Lecturer level, are available.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Undertake world-class research in an area aligned with current activities in the Department.
- Develop/build a strong portfolio of publications and grant successes.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of teaching programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels to Health Science (medical, dental and physiotherapy) and Science students.
The Department offers:
- A world-class working environment in a top-ranked University, and an Anatomy Department ranked 24th in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- Interdisciplinary programmes encompassing clinical anatomy, biological anthropology, neuroscience, reproduction, genomics and development.
- Excellent support in teaching and research.
Your Skills and Experience
We seek an appointee who:
- is committed to excellence in research and has proven research ability/excellence within their field of research.
- is committed to excellence in research-led teaching and has proven teaching ability.
Applicants will hold a PhD or equivalent research qualification.
The University of Otago is an EEO employer committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity.
The Department of Anatomy and School of Biomedical Sciences aspire to be the research and educational partner of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
Applications must include an outline of the candidate's teaching philosophy and a research plan/proposal.
Applications quoting reference number 1701612 will close on Thursday, 21 September 2017.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1701612
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautokoanaTeWhare Wananga o Otago itekaupapawhakaoritewhiwhingamahi.
More jobs like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand