Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University System central office located in downtown Denver. The Colorado State University System is a body corporate of the State of Colorado and is composed of a central System Office, Colorado State University, Colorado State University – Pueblo, Colorado State University – Global Campus, and their constituent agencies, institutes and services. The Colorado State University System is overseen by the Board of Governors and led by the Chancellor.
This position reports to the Executive Assistant to provide administrative, communications and logistical support for the System Office. This position performs a wide variety of administrative duties as required by daily operations for the System, supporting all functions of the front desk and to exercise independent judgment and work independently under general direction. Maintains records, and implements administrative policies. Handles problems and non-routine situations by determining the approach or action to take and interprets guidelines, procedures, policies and practices. Incumbents will have contact with high-level administrative offices requiring use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion and judgment.
Two years (24 months of full-time equivalent) of work experience providing administrative support, of which must have included 12 months of experience in a higher education environment.
Completed college or university course work may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
If using an Associate’s degree or higher to substitute for the required experience, you MUST attach an unofficial/official transcript with your application.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, insightful professional with good judgment, empathy, patience, flexibility, positive outlook, attention to detail, and commitment to working as part of team. Additional preferred qualifications are as follows:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience providing executive level administrative support including an effective methodology for tracking and prioritizing action items, monitoring the progression of key projects, and managing complex scheduling needs
- Experience coordinating administrative duties in support of a non-profit organization, governing board, and/or legal environment.
- Ability to write a variety of documents such as memos, professional letters, emails, reports, and other standard office communications
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain composure with a professional demeanor encouraging collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g. executives, administrators, faculty, peer institutions etc.)
- Ability to exercise analytical skills, judgment, and independent decision-making, with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in office software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related programs
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain positive interactions as the first point of contact for CSU System Office
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Customer Service and Coordination Duty/Responsibility
- Greet and direct all visitors including Board members, political appointees, constituents, employees, students, faculty, and staff
- Answer incoming calls and respond to inquiry or direct to appropriate contact
- Contribute to a team effort by taking initiative to assist others during periods of increased workload
- Assist Executive Assistant with travel related activities for the CSU System.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings, travel, and other similar activities for the Director of Denver Program Development and Director of Denver PR & Outreach.
- Prepare meeting minutes, meeting notes, and internal support materials for the Director of Denver Program Development and Director of Denver PR & Outreach.
- Manage meeting logistics and planning (i.e. schedule coordination, location, catering, set-up, clean-up, marketing and communications.)
- Implement change management initiatives for efficient office operations
Percentage Of Time 50% Job Duty Category Administrative Support/Office Services Duty/Responsibility
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail/ packages; operate manual and electronic mailing equipment; interact with internal and external couriers
- Manage inventory of assets and supplies (i.e. source for suppliers (vendors), manage invoices, anticipate supply needs, place and expedite orders, verify receipt of supplies requirements and then implement changes
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements: call for repairs; maintain equipment inventory, and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Perform multifaceted general office support
- Provides administrative support for special projects related to the National Western Center redevelopment and other System initiatives. Manage National Western Center Redevelopment project supplies and collateral and determine appropriate collateral for external events. Manage the inventory and ensure that it is available when needed.
- May provide some writing. The CSU System supports multiple initiatives that produce a monthly newsletter. This position may provide assistance in writing articles and providing proof reading.
- Position may attend external meetings and events for the director of PR, providing minutes and assist with press releases.
- Handles multiple projects that require working independently and daily decision making without close supervision.
Percentage Of Time 50%
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.