Parking Enforcement Officer
Description of Work Unit
Parking and Transportation Services exists to manage parking resources in a manner that supports the campus activities and enhances life in the community. This is accomplished by upholding the Parking Regulations in order to provide an organized, safe environment for parking a motorized vehicle so that persons can gain access to the University’s services.
The Parking Enforcement Officer provides enforcement of parking rules and regulations by issuing citations for violations in parking lots, roadways, and driveways on the university campus. Provides assistance with the training of part time employees in parking lot operations, rules and regulations, parking citation procedures, and use of enforcement technology equipment for issuing citations. Serves as a backup to the Parking Enforcement Supervisor and work lead. Assist with conducting of parking lot surveys.
There are three full-time positions that need to be filled from this posting. See shift preferences listed in supplemental question section of application.
A valid State of Colorado driver’s license and a background check are required.
Please note: This positions requires a current and valid driver’s license. As an application requirement, please upload a copy of your current Motor Vehicle Record under “Special Required Documents” within your application. You can obtain this record at your local DMV.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Aptitude to learn CSU’s campus layout, and uphold parking regulations, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated safe driving.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Active listening skills.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Enforcement of Parking Regulations Duty/Responsibility
- Enforce non-compliance of parking regulations by patrolling campus parking lots and properties and issuing parking citations when necessary.
- Apply and remove vehicle immobilization devices (boots) to eligible vehicles.
- Serving the customers of Parking Services by answering questions and offering guidance on what services we provide and how/when to use them.
Percentage Of Time 90 Job Duty Category Data Collection/Analysis Duty/Responsibility
- Conduct utilization surveys as instructed by supervisor or directors.
- Assist with compilation of the survey data using MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide input on ways to improve data collection.
- Provide input and documentation for map changes.
- Use experience gained while in the field to find better, more efficient ways to enforce and to be more efficient in daily duties.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.